Friday, November 25, 2011

To Keurig or to not?

Does anyone out there (all 11 followers) have a Keurig Brewer?  I thought it would be a nice little holiday present for my husband and I.  We aren't big coffee drinkers, and we like a cup of coffee on occasion.   We have a traditional coffee pot, and when we make a pot, 75% of it goes to waste.  I've heard people talk about these and have seen them advertised and wanted to check them out. 

Wow these things are pricey! On average, the Keurig cost $120-$160.  And on top of that, you have to buy the special K-Cups for it.  Those can run up to $18 for 18.  The good part is that it cost only $1 for a cup of coffee.  The bad part is it cost you $150 to get that one cup of coffee.  I just don't know if I would get my money out of the machine for that price.  Plus they still take up as much room as a traditional coffee pot.

Are there any brewers out there that are similar and cheaper?  I do really like the idea of 1 or 2 cup brewing.

No comments: