Friday, February 5, 2010
Oven "Fried" Chicken Fingers with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders (about 16 pieces)
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup coarsely crushed cornflakes
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
To prepare sauce:
1. Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl; cover and chill.
2. Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare chicken:
1. Combine chicken and buttermilk in a shallow dish; cover and chill 15 minutes.
2. Drain chicken, discarding liquid.
3. Combine cornflakes and next 5 ingredients (cornflakes through pepper) in a large zip-top plastic bag
4. Add 4 chicken pieces to bag. Seal and shake to coat. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
5. Spread oil evenly in a jelly-roll pan, and arrange chicken in a single layer in pan.
6. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes on each side or until done.
7. Serve with sauce.
Calories:185 (18% from fat)
Fat:3.7g (sat 0.8g,mono 1.2g,poly 1.2g)