Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 4 hours 30 min
Makes: 12 servings
20 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (2 cups)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 package (6 oz) white chocolate baking bars, chopped
2 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 package (10 oz) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup fresh raspberries
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix crushed cookies and butter. Press in bottom and 1 inch up side of ungreased 9- or 10-inch springform pan. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in 1-quart heavy saucepan, heat white baking bars and 1/2 cup of the whipping cream over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add white chocolate mixture; beat on medium speed until creamy. Set aside.
4. In chilled large bowl, beat remaining 1 1/2 cups whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Using rubber spatula, fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until blended. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until set.
5. Place small strainer over 1-quart saucepan. Pour package of raspberries into strainer. With back of spoon, press raspberries through strainer to remove seeds; discard seeds. Stir cornstarch into raspberry puree. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
6. To serve, spoon fresh raspberries around top edge of tart. Remove side of pan. Cut tart into wedges; place on individual dessert plates. Drizzle raspberry sauce over individual servings.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
1 Serving: Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 280); Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 18g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 220mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 22g); Protein 4g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 8%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 6 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.