Sunday, January 15, 2012

2011 Recap

I thought I'd take a moment and  recap the best of my 2011.   2011 was an amazing journey for me.  Many ups and downs, highs and lows.  Although there were many great things that had happened (especially with Olivia) I only have a couple of months that really stick out for last year.

February - after 75 long stressful days, Olivia got to come home from the hospital.
May - Daniel and I were able to purchase our first home.  It feels so good to be able to provide for my family.  Olivia has her own room and a play room.  Danny has a "mancave" and the dogs have a HUGE fenced in yard.  I never knew what pleasure could be brought from watching those to silly dogs run and play. 
November - We received the news that Olivia would not need a shunt.  Tears of happiness filled our eyes has we felt a huge relief being lifted off our shoulders.  We still have to have follow ups with the neurologist and MRI's, but right now everything is going great.
December - Olivia turned 1. What an emotional and wonderful day.  It's amazing to see how far she's come in just 1 year.  She is taking this world by storm.  December was also amazing because Olivia was home with us this year to celebrate Christmas.

I can't wait for 2012.  I look forward to every day it brings me.  I can't wait to watch Olivia grow and learn.  She is such an amazing girl.  I also can't wait to conquer the changes that I want to make with myself.  Personal, Professional and Economical.  I want to be the best mother, wife, daughter, and friend  I can be. I want to finally get rid of all this excess weight, all the sadness it brings with it and be free of the shame it causes.  I want to be the best worker I can be for the State of KS.  They are amazing to work for and helped me out a great deal in 2011 when I needed time off for Olivia.   And I want to learn to manage my money, pay off debt and provide for my family.  I've never been able to manage money or lose weight, so this year, I dream to do both... May my dreams come true~

1 comment:

mariehahn13 said...

All of them WILL come true! :)