Friday, January 2, 2009

It's time for 2009!

wow, It's been a while since I've been blogging... the holidays were good, I spent new years with my husband, friends marie and leviticus in the comfort of my apartment. I don't know about you, but I hate being charged a cover charge for one thing, and then for the dang cover charge to be anywhere from $25-$50 bucks a person just to get in to the average joe bar down the street.. and for what? A glass of champagne that I wont drink and to be around some really annoying people? I dont think so. SO i toasted my glass of wine in 09 and made the resolution to be better at money mangement and to be healthier. Im not making the resoultion to lose weight.. i always fail....

Conquer... this is my word of the year. Im going to conquer my battle with my weight and health.. Conquer my battle with my shopping addiction and poor money management... Conquer my battle to go to McDonalds and get their breakfast bagels...

In October, when my husband and friend Kristin were having heart problems, I found a wonderful online community that is geared towards weightloss. www.fatsecret.com it gives tips and advice, recipies and online community support for all sorts of diets. My husband and I, along with my cousin Marie, have joined weight watchers to help us Conquer our battle with our weight.

When i first found fat secret i was eager to get started.... since then i've gained 25 pounds... atleast! (according to the doctor scale..) Weight Watchers is starting on Monday 1-5-09 so I will have an accurate weight to start going by. It's amazing how you can just let yourself slip into your big clothes and keep drinking the dr pepper.... i've noticed the clothes shrinking.. but there was always another.. bigger.. pair of pants laying around... when does it ever stop? it stops now! Im in my biggest pair of jeans... and yep, you guessed it.. im outta bigger jeans to slip on. I just want to be able to bend over and pick something up off the floor, tie my shoes and put on my socks, sit in a booth or fit in a stadium seat, have a pair of skinny jeans and that little black dress...."cheers to a new me!"

No comments: