Friday, January 2, 2009

Survey - 2008

I stole this from HeatherDrive. http://heatherdrive.blogspot.com/


1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I got married to the most wonderful man ever!


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made the resolution to lose weight.. which i did not... For 2009, I am going to get healthier and handle my money better!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Monica had a baby in September and Mindy, Kelly and Jennifer all got prego last year and are expecting Boys this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes my mother n law died Jan 18th.

5. What countries did you visit? 0

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? I would like to have more free time with my Husband and to be able to take short little road trips with him.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?Jan 18 - was the day danny's mom passed
Jan 22 - Official proposal from Danny
Jan 28 - Danny and I quit smoking and Danny quit chewing
Nov 4 - The day the first African American was voted President
and of course August 8 - the day i married my sweetheart

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I got married and I quit Smoking!

9. What was your biggest failure? I failed by not being able to lose weight for the wedding and upsetting my mother by comments I made on my old blog. I love my mom and at that time, what I wrote didn't come out right and I really upset her, in my eyes i failed to be a good daughter to her at that point in time.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? not really, i've had some minor issues but nothing serious.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My husbands wedding band :), my new car, and our puppy Jack.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My mother and Fathers. They worked so hard for me to have the wedding of my dreams... and they made it happen. My wedding was everything i dreamed of and hoped for.

Marie, Kristin, Kelly - for sticking by me, listening to me vent, and cry and all that emotional crap that they got stuck doing for being my friends and bridesmaids.

Danny - without him, i'd be lost. He supports me in anything i do. He is my best friend and husband. I coudln't ask for more.

My Brother, heather and the kids - they always kept me laughing and they were there for me, danny, mom and dad whenever we need them.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? no ones that i can recall

14. Where did most of your money go? the honeymoon :)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I got the wedding i dreamed of and a fantastic honeymoon. I also got Jack - i've always wanted a boston terrier puppy and now i have one!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Carried Away - George Strait, When you say nothing at all - Allison Kraus - they were our wedding songs.... Non wedding - CHICKEN FRIED - Zac Brown. We hear that song and we just turn it up and belt it out.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? happier. b) thinner or fatter? i'm not allowed to say the word fat... but i am fluffier :) c) richer or poorer? richer.. more then just money too.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? complimenting and thanking people, exercise

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? complaining, eating fast foods lol,

20. How did you spend Christmas? Danny and I spent it at My parents house with my brother and his family, my grandpa & his wife, and my Aunt. It was wonderful. I love having family around.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes with my puppy Jack! I was already inlove with Danny

22. What was your favorite TV program? American Idol (Kansas City boy David Cook!!) Greys, CSI Miami

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I dont hate anyone and can't recall anyone that i dont like that i use too....

24. What was the best book you read? I don't recall reading anything but bridal magazines...

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? David Cook :)

26. What did you want and get? a wonderful wedding! oh and a stand up mixer! (however it's still at moms house!)

27. What did you want and not get? a food processor and a blender!

28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight probably.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? i turned 30 and i went to eat crablegs with mom, dad and danny. during the evening i went to shoot pool with kristin and danny. pretty low key.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? i dont know what could be better then marrying danny... but winning a BIG lottery would help??

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I wore what ever fit!

32. What kept you sane? Dr. Pepper, Frozen Custard, and danny

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I guess Obama, not that I "fancied" him.. but the fact he is the first african american to be president

34. What political issue stirred you the most? the presidential race

35. Who did you miss? Mama King, friends and family who couldn't make it to the wedding,

36. Who was the best new person you met? they're all great!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Be happy! Don't waste your life worrying about what others think and do, just be happy and live life to the fullest.

No comments: