Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Diet: Staying on track when you're on Vacation

More from the fabulous Jillian!  This one is really good for me since I will be on vacation in less then a month. Yay!

Q: I've been really good about my workouts and eating right, but I'm about to go on vacation with my family. I want to have fun and not be too strict, but I don't want to fall off the wagon completely! What do you suggest?


A: Here's what I suggest — EXERCISE! Even if you overindulge a little, you will stave off weight gain by exercising daily. Second, I would say that you should eat the foods you want, but in moderation. Have a bite of the cheesecake, but don’t eat the whole slice. Be smart about your indulgences: Don’t waste your calories. For example, instead of having a margarita by the pool, opt for a white wine spritzer or a light beer. Frozen margaritas have a whopping 700 calories. Think of your calories as an allowance. Save on calories where you can, and spend them on things that are really worth it, like chocolate!

No comments: