Sunday, January 17, 2010

Golden Globes

Golden Globes Review


I’m not a big Ricky fan, however I thought he did an OK job as an host. Maybe he was OK because he wasn't hosting much!  A few of his jokes had me laughing. I am more interested in the fashions then who win; however, I was very excited when Meryl Streep, Drew Barrymore and Glee won!

The Men: George Clooney looked amazing! I loved the beard. The salt and pepper makes him so distinguished. I also thought Neil Patrick Harris looked great. He wore his Tux well. Too bad he bats for the other team… Harrison Ford always looks good; however I do wish he’d lose that earring. Kevin Bacon… I’m not sure what was wrong, however it just didn’t look right. I’m thinking his tux had skinny pants? My favorite goes too: Bradley Cooper.


 

The Women: I didn’t find too many that looked horrible, however Cher was top on my list. I’m not quite choice for a gown... again. Not to mention that her nipples were shining thru. Cameron Diaz was also unimpressive. Her face looked like she rubbed oil all over it. Yuck! I thought there were a lot of “unattractive dresses” with attractive people. Kate Hudson, Drew Barrymore and Christina Aguilera for instance. They looked beautiful; however I just didn’t like their gowns. Drew’s gown looked like she had a sea creature on it, maybe it was a porcupine. I thought Mo’nique was stunning. I loved her gown; it was so elegant on her, very flattering and she gave a great speech. One of my all time favorites is Meryl Streep. She is just a classy lady.

Many looked wonderful, but my favorite goes too: Fergie. I love the simplicity of this dress, yet it’s so elegant. And I LOVE the light purple! Runner up goes too: Reece Witherspoon.


My not so favorite goes too: Cher! and the runner up is Patricia Arquette. Here’s the pic, need I say more?




Speech of the night goes to Robert Downey Jr. He shoulda been the host of the show instead of Ricky!

Best Motion Picture: Avatar
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama: Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical: Robert Downey Jr., Sherlock Holmes
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama: Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical: The Hangover
Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical: Glee
Best Director: James Cameron, Avatar
Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture: Christop Waltz, Inglorious Basterds
Best Supporting Actress, TV: Chloe Sevigny, Big Love
Best TV Series, Drama: Mad Men
Best Foreign Language Film: The White Ribbon
Best Actor, TV Comedy or Musical: Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Best Screenplay, Motion Picture: Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner, Up in the Air
Best Actress in a Miniseries or TV Movie: Drew Barrymore, Grey Gardens
Best Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie: Kevin Bacon, Taking Chance
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical: Meryl Streep, Julie & Julia
Best Miniseries or TV Movie: Grey Gardens
Best Original Score in a Motion Picture: Up!
Best Original Song in a Motion Picture: "The Weary Kind," Crazy Heart
Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama: Julianna Marguiles, The Good Wife
Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama: Michael C Hall, Dexter
Best Animated Feature Film: Up!
Best Supporting Actor, TV: John Lithgow, Dexter
Best Actress, TV Comedy: Toni Collette, The United States of Tara
Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture: Mo'nique, Precious
*pics from accesshollywod.com*




No comments: