Monday, March 30, 2009

$2,000

I can think of a lot of things I could do with $2,000. Pay bills, a new wardrobe, buy a few presents, or take that much needed vacation!

As you all know, my husband and I have been trying to get a hold of his adoption records and the only bit of sunshine we've had lately was the fact we found and was able to contact his adoption attorney. But a big black rain cloud quickly came and covered our ray of sunshine. Mrs. Attorney wants $2,000 just to start our case. I understand they are expensive, but I've done all the research and investigation, all she would have to do is show up for us (since we can't just hop on over to Houston) and request the records be opened. I don't see where that would cost $2,000! I'm a poor newlywed with a scrapbook and shopping addiction, we don't have $2,000 just laying around... back to the drawing board.

No comments: