Sunday, March 29, 2009

OMG she Baked!

Well what else is there to do when you're under a winter storm advisory with rain, sleet, and snow? I love the snow, however I am very thankful that we didn't receive the 28 inches of snow like some parts of Kansas did! The first picture was taken about 2 hours after the snow started falling and you can see the ice was starting to take it's toll on the trees. And the second pic is midway through the evening. It snowed for about 6-7 hours and rained pretty much the whole day.


So what did I bake? I showed my husband a picture of Heather Drives Oreo Cupcakes and he just had to have them. So my goal was to not burn anything, set anything on fire and to have them ready for him when he got off work. 2 of my goals were accomplished, my husband came home from work early and I wasn't finished! I'm typically not a good cook or baker, but i do get the job done... usually with the help of Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines. But this was my first attempt at making everything from scratch. I even used my stand up mixer for the first time! Heather Drives blog gave good detailed directions. Be sure to follow her advise about cutting the oreos first! I didn't realize how hard it would be to cut an oreo in half! I did come across a few hang ups in my approach. 1- i don't have a food processor, so i had to mash the oreos and use a food chopper. For the most part, it did the job, but ... 2 - My icing tip wasn't big enough, or not having processed oreos , the small chunks kept getting stuck in the icing tip. So the outcome, I just blobbed some frosting on and "wallah!" My husband approves!

1 comment:

mariehahn13 said...

Did you save me a cupcake? lol Yummy!